You have no items in your shopping cart.

Product was successfully added to your shopping cart.

Quick Overview

Latisse (Bimatoprost)

Latisse (Bimatoprost)

Product Name Price Qty    

Generic equivalents for Latisse

0.03% Solution

(℞) Prescription required.

Availability: In stock



Latisse Description

Bimatoprost, the active ingredient in Latisse is an ophthalmic solution that is commonly prescribed for treating open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension. However, along the way it was discovered that one of the side effects of ophthalmic drugs with Bimatoprost, Travaprost, and Latanoprost was longer, fuller eyelashes. And what woman could say no to that? So Latisse is FDA approved to be sold as a treatment for hypotrichosis, a loss or reduction of hair, in particular, eyelash hair. As stated, this is a treatment and not a cure for hypotrichosis. The application technique is a little different than administering Latisse for glaucoma so talk to your doctor before attempting to apply as directed for fuller lashes.

Once Latisse is applied to the base of your top lashes with the applicator, it goes to work by stimulating the hair follicles into growing, and prolonging the growth phase, also called the anagen phase. Apparently only about 40% of your eyelash hairs are in their growing phase at any given time, while the other 60% are in their resting, or telogen phase. Latisse also stimulates pigment production which, for many, results in having darker lashes. In as little as 4 weeks, some women can already notice a difference in the appearance of their lashes. This is not a long-lasting effect, however, and when you stop applying Latisse, your lashes return to how they used to be.

Conditions Treated by Latisse

It has been shown that using Latisse for the purpose of improving the looks of your eyelashes has not caused any complications from this drug as a glaucoma treatment because there is very minimal amounts that actually get in your eye itself. The purpose of most Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solution products is to increase the drainage of the fluid called aqueous humor so the pressure inside your eyeball is reduced. The constant pressure can cause vision loss if not detected and treated quickly. If you are already using an ophthalmic medicine for treating glaucoma, talk to your doctor before using Latisse for growing and thickening your eyelashes.

Before You Apply Latisse

Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breast feeding before using Latisse as it may be unsafe for your unborn or nursing baby. Discuss any medical conditions or allergies you have with your doctor and list other OTC and Rx drugs you are taking, including herbal remedies and vitamin or dietary supplements. This will allow your doctor to determine if Latisse is safe for you to use.

Warnings for Latisse

Unless applied as instructed, Latisse may grow hair in other areas that it has come into contact with. Excess should be blotted right away and any that gets into your eye will not cause any harm. Your eye color could darken and possibly stay that way, even after you stop using Latisse. You have to be patient for any noticeable improvements to your eyelashes. It could be at least 4-6 weeks before there are any changes, so don’t be discouraged.

Possible Side Effects of Latisse

  • Itchy eyes
  • Eyelid becomes darker
  • Eye color changes
  • Mild burning