Buy Penlac Nail Lacquer or Generic Ciclopirox Solution Online
What is Penlac Nail Lacquer or generic Ciclopirox solution?
Penlac Nail Lacquer is a fungus treatment that contains the active ingredient Ciclopirox, an antifungal agent that aids in treating toenail fungus and fungal nail infections. It's a topical solution that is applied directly to the affected area (i.e. the nails and the skin right around the nails).
Researchers believe Ciclopirox topical solution most likely reduces or eliminates nail fungus by inhibiting the growth and reproduction of the fungus at a cellular level.
While Ciclopirox may help manage fungal infections of the nails, the effects aren't always immediate. It may take six months or more for the condition to noticeably improve.
People dealing with fungal infections of the toes or nails-which may include a range of symptoms such as discoloration, splitting, or pain in the nails-may be prescribed Penlac Nail Lacquer. The lacquer is also sometimes prescribed for other purposes as determined by a medical professional.
Conditions treated by Penlac Nail Lacquer
As noted above, Penlac Nail Lacquer is used for the treatment of fungal infections of the fingernails and toenails, which are often accompanied by discoloration, splitting, and/or pain in the nails. These infections may stem from several causes.
One of the most common causes of fungal infection is onychomycosis, which may result from several different types of fungi. Onychomycosis can take several forms, but it almost always results in discoloration, deformation (which may cause damage to the surrounding tissues), and/or thickening of the nails. Additionally, people with onychomycosis or another fungal nail infection may suffer psychologically because of self-consciousness about their condition.
What to know before using Penlac Nail Lacquer
Prior to using Penlac Nail Lacquer, take the following into account:
- Tell your doctor about any preexisting medical conditions or any medications or supplements you take.
- Be aware that there is very limited research into the safety of using Penlac Nail Lacquer while pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Prior to using Penlac Nail Lacquer, closely trim your nails. If this is an issue for any reason, your doctor will be able to assist you with regular trimmings.
- Be sure to avoid contact between the nail lacquer and the eyes, mucus membranes, or skin (other than the skin immediately around the site being treated).
- Avoid using nail polish or other cosmetic nail products while using Penlac solution.
- When applying your daily dose of Ciclopirox nail lacquer, apply it over the previous day's coat. Once a week, remove all of the accumulated nail lacquer and remove as much nail as comfortably possible before proceeding with treatment.
- After applying the nail lacquer, allow it to dry for 30 minutes before covering the affected area with clothing. Avoid wearing tight-fitting and/or synthetic fabrics, because they will prevent air circulation.
- If you miss a dose, apply the nail lacquer as soon as you remember (unless it's almost time for your next dose). Do not double up on doses.
- As noted above, be prepared for treatment to last for several months. Consult your doctor regularly during treatment.
- Make sure to use Penlac Nail Lacquer exactly as directed by your doctor.
- Be aware that Penlac solution is flammable, so you should avoid using the nail lacquer near open flames or lit cigarettes.
Possible Penlac Nail Lacquer side effects
As with any medication, there are some possible side effects associated with Penlac Nail Lacquer. These most commonly include:
- Redness in the area of application
- A burning and/or itchy sensation in the area of application
- Changes in the shape or color of nails
Less common side effects include (but are not limited to):
- Allergic reactions
- Blistering, oozing, peeling, and/or swelling at the site of application
- Dry skin
- Discolored hair